Monday, June 21, 2010

Please don't come to me on my dying day, Just let me go in peace.

"It's like a man's best party, only happens when he dies." - City and Colour
Current track playing, Body in a Box. City and Colour.

Woke up at 1:13 this afternoon.
But I feel like I could sleep for much longer.

Is it the weather? Or maybe it's just me. Something about today is just filled with melancholy. I kinda just want to cry.
It's really too bad, I'm feeling quite upset, I really just have this overwhelming sense of defeat these passed few days.
Like it's stamped on my forehead for everyone to see. I've buckled under pressure, but the only pressure that's placed before me... Is Myself.

I don't even know why.
Just feeling sorry for myself perhaps?

I'm having trouble writing songs these days.
It's no fun, because it's something I'm REALLY into, but I'm at a standstill.

UGH

What to do, what to do.
I'll feel better tomorrow, I'm sure.
It's just right now,
I've surrounded myself with being upset.

I feel like a lonely park bench, just waiting for someone to come keep me company.
Stuck with silent, rustling leaves, and my own shadow.
Hello Shadow, Have you come to keep me company?

Except today, there is no sun.
So my shadow is nowhere to be seen.


Or maybe I feel like rippling waves, just repetitively moving back and forth to my own amusement.

Constantly toppling over myself, stopping right before I hit sand.


"So drown me and if you can
Or we could just have conversation."
-Day Old Hate. City and Colour






I think I need to get out and do something,
Maybe I'll go on a walk,
Because right now.

I'm feeling sad at everything.

"The things we do to stay alive." Day old Hate. City and Colour

No comments:

Post a Comment