Saturday, July 3, 2010

Give it a Rest.

Summer is too lonely.

Fallon and Ameerah have been over a lot, and I have been actively doing things. But it still just feels so lonely.

I haven't had the chance to sleep in my own bed yet. I've been sleeping on floors, in sleeping bags, or a mattress unknown to my shape. And I think my futon misses my lengthy sprawled body on it to keep it company.
I think my floor misses me laying on it to pass time. I think my drawers miss being shuffled through. I think my blinds miss being opened and closed, I think my mirror misses my face.

"Hello face, have you come to look at me again and see your beauty?"

No, Not really.

I'm being unfair to myself truthfully, I haven't yet rested and let my body adjust and be lonesome for a bit.
I think I'm trying to conceal the fact that if I keep my mind busy with company, and if I don't pay attention to my heart, that everything will be okay.
How unfair, you're not being very kind to yourself.
Just take a break.
OKAY?

I'm merely a lonely soul just waiting for my other half to come make me whole.


Why is that supposed to make me feel better?
Doesn't that just sound stupid?

I should be content with myself right?
Yeah..... I'm not really.

I'm only dreaming, I wish I could wake up.

I.
Take.
A.
Deep.
Breathe.
And.
Exhale.
But.
Sadly.
I've.
Got.
The.
Mindset.
Of.
That.
Who.
Is.
So.
Needy.

I don't have much creative juices flowing. None of these words that I pour out sound too poetic.

But I'm so inspired.
Adam Young, please share with me how you stay optimistic?
You are the most influential person I think I've ever heard of.

Owl City.
Is my favorite band in the World.

1 comment:

  1. eh, I'm following you now! (not to seam stalkerish lol:) ) ahh this sounds so depressed :( it must be time to stop and smile a little :):):) well it always helps me, especially smiling to myself in the mirror, cause it looks all fake and funny and then I just have to laugh at how ridiculous I look. Just a thought ;)

    ReplyDelete