Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Can You Define From What It's Worth?

I've gained another year and these budding nerves have suddenly disappeared into the earth of my pulsing heart.
I'm no longer anxious or afraid,
but maybe it's because the realization hasn't fully settled in yet.

It's like any other day, but it's unlike any other day.
I'm older, I'm wiser, I'm more thoughtful.


If I had my way, my dad would be here.
He'd tear up, tell me how proud he is, get all nostalgic that his baby girl is growing up.

But it doesn't work that way, at least not here.

You can't bring the so long dead back to life,

I'm not even sure if I could bring any dead back to life.
Well maybe if I was Smith Wigglesworth.

I miss my dad a lot today.

I'm not sure what else I could write, but that.

It might not be my ideal company...
but I am very thankful for the company I do keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment